Pages

Sunday 16 July 2017

Batman: The Chalice Review (Chuck Dixon, John Van Fleet)


I think Chuck Dixon might be the worst Batman writer of all time. If he’s not, he’s definitely in the running. 

Bruce Wayne discovers that he’s related to one of the Grail Knights (of course he is) and is given the actual Holy Grail by one of his descendants. Ra’s Al-Ghul and some other rogues want it - boring shenanigans ensue. 

Tedium would be an upgrade for what I felt when reading The Chalice. No idea why John Van Fleet’s art is so very black (because I’m Batman!) but I was squinting most of the time at the page right in front of me in daylight - not great. 

Predictable, uninteresting, uninspired, and absolutely pointless, it’s easy to see why this toilet paper masquerading as a comic is out of print. Let’s hear it for Chuck Dixon everybody! BOOOOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment